|we are royal.||Help Search Members Calendar Shop Tag Box|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Posted: Mar 10 2016, 04:17 PM
Overlord please do not pm this account!
lord queen occupation
47 posts post count
all-knowing (they/them) author
Class Etiquette & Expectations
a guide to how we do classes at war
In an effort to keep classes organized we have some set guidelines and rules to how things run! You will risk getting PMs concerning posts if you do not follow the rules set below. This applies to both professors and students and is subject to change as necessary! We will reply to this thread whenever we update the rules. If you ever need help or have questions feel free to PM a staff member; if you have questions about a specific lesson please PM the appropriate professor!
• All lessons will be posted by professors within the first three days of each new rotation (unless real life doesn't permit this), so keep an eye out! We will also post images with the three running classes at the top of the forum for quick access! Assuming class activity bustles, professors will post every two-three days to respond to questions and carry the lesson along. LESSONS CANNOT AND WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT PARTICIPATION, however please do not double post with the same character.
• Lessons correspond in real time! So while you may see 'lesson one' being posted as titles, these lessons are still considered to be taking place in March and all students will have been attending these classes since start of term! Please do not write as if this is the first class of the year or that you are just meeting your professor (especially if your student isn't a first year).
• You should only be posting a maximum of once a day per class per character! Feel free to post before the professor posts again so long as you are posting once in a 24 hour window.
• OOC comments should be left to the professors to specify how to participate in the lesson; sometimes we use OOC methods to decide if spells do or do not work, for example, and these instructions will be found below the roleplay post in an OOC note rather than spoken by the professor.
Examples of acceptable OOC notes for students:
• You do not have to tag the professor or other students even if you are speaking to them! It's your and their responsibility to keep track of classes!
• Being late to class IC is often impossible as professors will sometimes lock their door. We do not allow students to arrive 'late' in these instances, as it's breaking what has been written, and we will remove your post as well as PM it back to you.
• It is up to each professor's discretion how they deal with interruptions in class, such as talking to peers, sleeping, writing notes, etc. You can lose house points!
• You gain house points for participating in classes! Each post earns one house point and it is up to the professor's discretion how they dole out house points as well! The most any one student can earn for homework is 25 house points; the most any one student can earn for answering questions in class is 5 house points.
• If a class is not in the current roleplay rotation please keep in mind that it is still taking place! A non-roleplayed class during any one rotation is a 'lecture lesson' and professors can post homework in their class forum for you to complete for house points - you will PM your homework to the professor in question and at the end of that rotation they will reply to the homework thread with the awarded points for every student who participated.
• Remedial lessons, tutoring, and other interactions with professors is up to the descretion of the writer! Please contact them individually via PM or post in their respective shipper to schedule a thread!
Posted: Mar 10 2016, 04:27 PM
Tany resident badger queen
highgarden, westeros birthplace
khaleesi of we are royal occupation
twenty seven age
590 posts post count
tany (she/her) author
where are they and can you post there?Below is a quick guide of which floor each class is located on as well as which year your student needs to be in to attend! Core classes are REQUIRED from first to fifth year and can then be dropped after O.W.L.s if not required for the profession the student chooses and will need on their N.E.W.T.s. Electives typically are available from third year on and most students pick upwards of two, depending! Occasionally electives (sometimes referred to as non-cores) are strictly for fourth years and up or only sixth and seventh years.
Astronomy - Astronomy Tower
Charms - Third Floor
Defense Against The Dark Arts - Third Floor
Herbology - Greenhouses / Ground Floor
History of Magic - First Floor
Potions - Dungeons
Transfiguration - Second Floor
Alchemy - Fifth Floor
Ancient Runes - Sixth Floor
Arithmancy - Seventh Floor
Care of Magical Creatures - Grounds / Ground Floor
Divination - Seventh Floor
Muggle Studies - Sixth Floor
Magical Customs - Fifth Floor
Mythology - Second Floor
Flying - Training Grounds
Elemental Magicks - Fourth Floor
we are the children of witches you could not burn
YOUTUBE // INFP | HUFFEPUFF | DISTRICT 8 | AMITY | HOUSE TYRELL