Guest settings messenger () alerts () log out admins mods
toggle cbox
➊ welcome
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Suspendisse facilisis tellus nisi, a efficitur lacus elementum ac. Sed sed nibh arcu. Etiam quis tempus nunc. Maecenas massa nunc, eleifend convallis ultrices sit amet, cursus ut velit. Suspendisse potenti. Cras nec sem at magna fringilla venenatis. Etiam tincidunt rutrum nunc nec venenatis. Donec lobortis lacus augue, in euismod augue maximus vel. Quisque in tortor vel lacus pretium accumsan ac convallis nunc. In posuere malesuada massa. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.
➋ register with
proper caps fae do not require 'human' names
➌ staff
Menken
name
name
name
name
➍ important links
➎ site information
We Are Royal is a member-driven Harry Potter roleplay that strives to create an environment rich in character development and community without a restricting plot or binding expectations. While War identifies as a Harry Potter roleplay it is so much more than that, offering a unique experience in the Wizarding World we've all come to know and love. Though canon is acknowledged up to the Battle at Hogwarts not a single canon from the books are currently present, we've simply removed all traces of them in order to provide room for original characters and original canon. You are the main character of your story.
➏ site event: reopening
My overtime should be ending soon and War may return. Keep an eye out. Join the thread in 'Daily Prophet' to talk until the cbox returns, if you'd like. See you soon, Warriors! - Tany

Add Reply
New Poll

nowhere else to go, three years past. the beginning.
Elizabeth Roland
 Posted: Oct 13 2016, 02:37 PM
Elizabeth Roland Gryffindor Alumni
unknown birthplace
Security Officer occupation
nineteen age
11 posts post count
Tagg (he/him) author

outfit.

Dark eyes looked down at the small piece of parchment that the woman held tightly in her hand. It had the address scribbled down on it in a messy hand, and quick to boot. The letters were barely legible, and the numbers were worse. Yet here she stood, the gate that surrounded the manor closed before her, tightly shut not only with force and locks, but magic was woven through it as well. She could almost feel it coming off in waves – it was an old magic, a strong magic. And it made the young woman wonder all the more why the Edwards family needed any sort of security at all. What sort of person would possibly try to break into someplace that had the family’s name branded outward for all to see, as well as this seeping kind of magical feeling?

Some poor sap of an idiot who surely not live to see the Ministry of Magic called to rescue him from those that had found him on the property, that’s who. Eliza swallowed nervously, remembering an old issue of the Daily Prophet that she had come across at the Hogwarts library a long time ago. An old, old family had found the body of a would-be thief on the edge of their property, his sack of goods still slung across his back. Their security troll took the blame, and they ended up firing all of the beasts that they had employed at the time. So had many other families. But none of the evidence had really pointed towards the troll. Elizabeth had a feeling that the family, like the Edwards, had something more at play than just security wandering the grounds and keeping thieves and riffraff off the property.

The young woman wondered what kind of history this family, this property had. She briefly wondered if she should just leave and look it up and come back later on, maybe in a couple weeks, once she was sure that she wasn’t going to be dying if she took the job. Besides, it wasn’t like it was a posted job offer. She had just happened to hear from the right person at the right time that they had a guard retire. Coming here… it could be a mistake. But Eliza scolded herself. She couldn’t be thinking like that. Even if she were to take the job, and die doing something on the clock, well… was it any different than if she were to die being an auror?
Well, yes, a little, but the essence was the same.

“Come on,” she muttered to herself, her deep copper eyes closing. A deep breath in. Out. In. Out. “You’re fine, Roland. You’re strong. You can do this. It’s simple. Go in. Ask about security. Leave. It’s simple.”

Squaring her shoulders the woman opened her eyes, a determined light shining within them now. Her hand rose to look for some way to knock somewhere on the portcullis to get attention when the lock fell away and the gate swung gently open, just enough for her to squeeze her way in. Biting her lip in an attempt to not let her fear show on her face, she stepped inside, glancing back at the metal bars as they shut behind her. A shake of her head to tell herself she was being silly – what could possibly happen in broad daylight at a respectable family’s house? – and she began to make her way to the door proper, a hand lifting to grab the knocker. Three strikes against the door. Three booming strikes, and then she stood and waited, the small tab of parchment tucked into her belt. There was no turning back now.

@Muffinface
PM
^
Adrian Edwards
 Posted: Oct 14 2016, 01:14 AM
Adrian Edwards slytherin graduate
Surrey, England birthplace
Werewolf Hunter occupation
35 age
19 posts post count
Muffinface (She/Her) author

I'm not the K I N G of anything
-Clothing-

Warmth radiates from within the depths of the manor as the massive, ebony, double doors glide open. A small, mousy man lingers at the entrance way, eyeballing the female's glimmering attire. Without asking, nor a second thought, he beckons her inside; she is probably one of the Master's many, many, many calling-girls.

He says nothing as he leads her, the halls lit with warm, glowing fireplaces and hanging lights reminiscent of the Victorian era- originals kept masterfully intact, never exchanged nor upgraded. The sounds of laughing children echo throughout the home, innocent voices offering a sense of happiness. Even the walls themselves, eggshell white adorned with navy and silver curtains, invoke open friendliness.

He stops before a dark, wine-red door, silver etchings of olive leaves scrolling along the sides. Work-worn knuckles knock, the owner's spine snapping to a clear attention as the door swings open effortlessly. The room is circular, a warm hearth on one side, mirroring paintings-in-motion of the heads of the family, most absent from their perches. Large bay windows with their own velvety black curtains cast aside stretch from floor to ceiling, casting an impressive afternoon light through the space.

A hand is lifted behind a handsome mahogany desk, parchments and discarded quills held fast beneath a square paperweight reflecting a twisting, purple galaxy. Though the room is stiflingly hot, just barely warm enough to be uncomfortable, the man sitting there wears a suit jacket and form-fitting pants. "What is it, Jacob?" he questions, not bothering to lift his mocha eyes from a rolled parchment clutched between his fingertips.

"There is a woman here to see you, my Lord." The female's guide motions to the young lady beside him. Only then, does the man's gaze lift, low sigh slithering from his lips.

"I did not call for company today." he insists, voice curt and cutting.

"She is here for you."

The lord sighs in exasperation and rises; a behemoth stands before them, ducking below the door-jam to avoid hitting his forehead on the hard, wooden entrance way. He radiates danger, tensed position akin to a predator prepared to strike than a well-respected head-of-household. "Well then?" he murmurs, caught slightly off guard from the sheer size of the woman before him. She is not one of the noble women who seek to waste his time, nor does she carry herself like his usual... Prey "Did a beast slay your husband?" he questions, wondering just how far rumors of his prowess have traveled. "Or are you here as a 'Representative of the Ministry?'"

@Taggerung
PM
^
Elizabeth Roland
 Posted: Oct 15 2016, 12:57 PM
unknown birthplace
nineteen age
11 posts post count
Tagg (he/him) author

outfit.

The woman's dark eyes look down at the small - well, probably average, really - man who opened the door for her. Before she could even open her mouth to speak, his hand rises to motion the inside. All he really had done was look at her sideways, the judging, even if only mild, crossing his face. Eliza scowled slightly before she remembered herself - she was here for a job. It wouldn't do to argue with the small man at the door. He didn't matter.

Still, she hadn't even said what she was there for. Her mouth opened to say something, but the small butler was already walking away. Without hesitation (and more of an annoyed sigh) she stepped over the threshold and into the manor, following the tiny man deeper inside.
Elizabeth's gaze wandered curiously over everything that she saw - from the original, beautiful lights that dangled down to the quietly crackling fireplaces. From the Ravenclaw colours hanging to the sound to children echoing from deeper within the manor. She wondered, briefly, if the man she were about to see had any small children. Then came more questions - was he married? Was he kind? Did his whole family live here? How old was he? Wa he even the man to talk with about this issue?

Eliza slowly realised she had just stepped into a total stranger's house and kicked herself for not getting more information from her lead. Suddenly the warmth of the manor felt a little more chilly, a little more like the feeling that had crept over her outside. At the same time a small voice spoke in the back of her mind - This was a big family, with a big name. Nothing bad ould possibly happen. There would be too much light, too many questions if something did happen. Everyone would know. Besides, the head of the house would be who she would be seeing. Who else would the butler take her to? Of course he would be able to go over the details of the job with her.
Apprehension filled her as they stopped before the nearly blood red coloured doors. It was impressive. It was intimidating. Even as thy opened as the warm bloom of light spilt over the walls and floor, Eliza knew that she was holding her breath. Her deep copper eyes fell onto the man sitting at the beautiful desk, and she could feel her breath hitch before he even took it. The man who sat truly did look a lot like about what she would imagine a Lord to look, in the old Victorian era sense. His very presence seemed to fill the room. And it felt completely different than the rest of the house. It was strong. It was terrifying. "Mr Edwards" jut didn't feel proper enough as her mind whirled on how to address him.

The young woman's eyebrows raise as the man stands, surprise crossing her face. She was... tall. Taller than she was, which was rare enough case at six foot three. But this man was taller than she was even in her boots. She met his eyes as he questioned her, shaking her head, wondering what kind of questions he was asking. They weren't normal. But she wouldn't question it.
"No, sir," Elizabeth spoke, her voice strong where others had waivered. Confidence, excitement, apprehension all boiled down together within her, mixing together into her voice as she struggled not to speak too rapidly. "No I'm... I'm here to ask for employment," she went on, hesitating before adding on another quick, unsure, "Sir." The woman adjusted herself so she stood straighter, hoping that her dress hadn't ruffled at all during their trip through the manor. Swallowing her nerves, she continued, "A friend of mine, he said that one of your security had retired recently. I'm looking for a jo within the field, it. It will make the right kind of impression when I go to become an Auror. And the experience would be invaluable. I excel at all the things needed for the job - I've brought recommendations from Hogwarts as proof. S-Sir."

Elizabeth cursed inwardly. It all sort of spilled out before she could stop it, quick, though she hoped not too quickly. She watched the way that he watched her, and wanted to lay it all out on the table before he decided that she were wasting his time. Eliza could feel her face fluhing slightly with embarrassment from speaking so quickly, but she refused to back down. She stood straight-backed and eager for an answer, her eyes holding his intense gaze.

@Muffinface
PM
^
Adrian Edwards
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 11:54 PM
35 age
19 posts post count

-Clothing-

"Oh." His eyebrows lift, his hands gesturing at the servant. "Very well then, step inside. Jacob, fetch tea, if you would?" The male's dark gaze lingers further down the hall, frowning deeply until he, too, withdraws into the study. Large hands pull the door closed, deadbolt clicking lightly into place. What was that about a friend of hers? The goings-on with his staff should not be up for discussion with anyone, spare for Victoria, maybe. Who then, walked around freely, conversing about the manner of security surrounding the property in such a way to draw this... Young woman in for a job?

He draws a chair away from the handsome desk, offering it carefully to the female while his mind wandered. By the time he wanders back to his own seat, Jacob holds elegant teapot in hand and pours each of them a small cup of tea. Adrian takes neither sugar nor cream, and satisfies himself by casually twisting a spoon around the brown depths. "Alright then my dear, let's see those references of yours."

His fingers drop to a drawer as Jacob bows, and exits, the door locking shut behind the quiet servant. "As you undoubtedly heard, I am 'Lord Edwards.' An honorary title I suppose, I've never been knighted." He offers her a smile, though it twists into more of a grimace from the lines around his eyes and mouth. "Adrian is my first name, but I don't expect you to call me that- I insist on formality and respectfulness. Lord Edwards or 'Sir' will do."

A few heavy-sounding bangs erupt from his desk drawer, followed by a thin strand of parchment and a black quill. He scribbles something atop the page, eyes flickering from his writing to the newcomer. She wants to be an auror- That will go over splendidly. He doesn't wish to turn her away, yet... Something about her screams 'Fierce Loyalty' and he wants to keep her close for that very reason; she could very easily become a scapegoat if something were to happen to him. "My family also went to Hogwarts. I have a niece and a nephew there now, both Gryffindor- actually, most of our family has been Gryffindor." He frowns at the notion, finally drawing the spoon out of his tea.

@Taggerung
PM
^
Elizabeth Roland
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 07:55 PM
unknown birthplace
nineteen age
11 posts post count
Tagg (he/him) author

outfit.

The young woman’s dark eyes watched as Jacob left to fetch his… master? What do you call someone who you serve as a butler even? It’s not like it was some Victorian era where saying some dude in was in servitude. Right? But clearly this little butler man was, and clearly the man behind the desk was in some way, his master. Even if it was a little odd. Eliza wondered whether or not the man kept house elves around also, or just employed humans. There were a few people that she could think of that wouldn’t have house elves in their house, even if they were to serve. For various different reasons.
Eliza was quiet as she watched the man with the dark presence follow his servant, closing and locking the doors behind him. A small part of her felt that she should at least be a little afraid of being locked in a room with the man, a mysterious and terrifying man who she knew nothing about. But she couldn’t help but admire the power that he radiated. A logical part of her mind was slightly afraid, but she had already convinced herself that she was totally safe. The servant was coming back soon, so this man couldn’t really do too much even if she didn’t feel safe.

A murmured “Thank you” came from her as he offered a chair to her. She took a moment to adjust herself to sit, making sure to keep her dress from showing off too much; that wasn’t the kind of message that she wanted to send. She wanted to look nice, but still somehow give off the strength that she had. Hard to do in a dress, but she felt as if she could pull it off. Her legs cross over each other, her dress draping her knees. She smiled nervously, looking curiously around the room as she waited for the man to say something to her. When the butler came back with the tea, Eliza took a couple of cubes of sugar and a bit of cream. Not a lot, but enough to lighten the colour. The girl had barely taken her first sip before the man in front of her spoke again, requesting the references that she had.
Her lips curled up into a proud smile as she sat up a little straighter, pulling out a very slim, bright wand with her left hand. With a smooth wave of her hand, a flick of her wrist, a whisper of a word, the woman pulled out a small folder out of what seemed like thin air. She handed it over to the man sitting behind the desk with a smile, almost buzzing with the excitement that she could barely contain.
“I’ve got references from almost all of my professors from school. The best ones are probably from the DADA professor, and Professor Cassano – the Charms professor. But I’ve also got smaller letters from Transfiguration and Potions, too. I have one for Herbalism, but I didn’t feel like it really reflected the job, so I didn’t bring it,” she said, sitting back down on her seat and taking her tea back into her hands.

Eliza quirked a brow at… Lord Edwards as he spoke again, introducing himself finally. Lord Edwards. The name rolled around in her head, as she wondered about him again. It did feel much more appropriate than “Mr Edwards”. But it was still… strange to hear out loud. Of all the things she expected to hear, it wasn’t what she had compared him to in her own mind. She didn’t argue however, nor laugh. She didn’t even look amused as she nodded to him, showing that she understood. It would be rude to do anything besides.

But the woman perked up again as he spoke a little about his family, eyes sparkling happily. Maybe it would raise her chances that she came from Gryffindor as well, though the Lord Edwards seemed a little… displeased. Still, she spoke up happily, “Really, Sir? I’m a lion, too.”

@Muffinface
PM
^
Adrian Edwards
 Posted: Oct 26 2016, 11:16 PM
35 age
19 posts post count

-Clothing-

"Oh."Dark eyes hovered across her form as he sips his tea, gaze lingering on her bare shoulders; though not particularly professional, he can appreciate the view. Though she was young, her credentials spoke for themselves, and she carried herself with a confidence many her age lacked. Not to mention she is particularly easy on the eyes. It isn't too difficult to imagine her crawling between his sheets one cold night-

Fuck Cassano. The name brought back memories and sour tastes. A young cousin wanting so desperately to fit in he also deviated from the Lions and Ravens and slipped into bed with snakes. His jaw hardens, tense muscles knotting up in a grimace. "Theodore is my cousin." he admits. Theodore hates his job. Why on Earth would he give the girl a letter of recommendation, unless her skills were on par with his own- or, he'd managed to break the law with her and cover his tracks. The thought makes him uneasy. What sort of baggage is she bringing in if he does decide to hire? For a split second, Adrian imagines his hands tightening around his cousin's neck, twisting with a loud 'CRACK' but her next words snap him back.

"Ah, my sister would absolutely adore you." he says, voice far more biting than he wishes it to be, but he doesn't apologize. With a lighter tone, he continues; "She is far more of a homebody than I. She practically lives in the kitchen. I'd think it safe to say, her cooking rivals Hogwarts holidays." He relaxes, downing nearly half of his small cup with a sigh.

"I don't know if you'll still be interested after you hear about the hours I'm looking for. Our last guard worked nights; he patrolled outside and inside, with a half hour for meals, between eight at night, and six in the morning, four nights a week. You and the other night guards can contest for days, but they have Tenure so be polite when you speak to them. I pay all of you on salary, and if there is an attempted break in, I expect all of you to respond, no matter the time. Your pay will start out at 30 galleons a week, and after six months, I'll raise it by five Galleons if you prove competent. If not, I'll ask you to leave. You would live here, have your own room, and have all of your meals prepared."

He downs the final dregs of his tea, and shifts to the parchment, scribbling out a contract in a neat, compact scrawl. "You'll begin to recognize immediate family within a week. Other than them, unless someone is escorting them, question everyone. Some faces are around more often than not, others are here once for a one-time business deal. Treat everyone with suspicion, yet respect. We've never had an incident, and I pride myself on having a highly competent staff. I take complaints very seriously, be it about you, other staff members, or any guests on the property." He frowns yet again, hand lifting to his forehead as he stalls in scribbling. "If there ever is a problem, don't try and deal with it on your own. It's best you let our captain, or hell, even myself know. I have dangerous enemies Ms. Roland, and I don't think you'd like to be caught in the cross-hairs."

A fleeting thought rises to his mind, and he quickly begins to slip his heavy coat from his shoulders, even blacker button up shirt below. "I need to assess your skills, also." He doesn't bother to ask. If she wants the position that badly, she'll do whatever it takes. He stands, carefully laying the coat across the back of his chair, fingers lifting to his neck. The silk tie slips off easily, and his hands fidget with a gold clasp on his watch. Carefully, he stretches a hand within his coat, and withdraws a long, elegant, black wand. "I probably should have told you that before I drew up your contract, hmn?"

@Taggerung

This post has been edited by Adrian Edwards: Oct 26 2016, 11:17 PM
PM
^
Elizabeth Roland
 Posted: Oct 27 2016, 06:05 PM
unknown birthplace
nineteen age
11 posts post count
Tagg (he/him) author

outfit.

The young lioness’ eyebrows raised as the Lord Edwards said Theodore was his cousin. She shuffled a little in her seat, suddenly uncomfortable again, worry gnawing at her insides once more. What if this strange man, this man who called himself a lord, if he was anything like his blue eyed cousin? If he was, then… well, it was possible, she believed, that this family was just a whole group of devil spawn. For the quickest second, Eliza sees the man’s eyes almost glaze over as she continued on, his thoughts in another place as her words flowed from her.
Surprise crosses her face as the man comes back, speaking of his sister. Maybe he wasn’t like Professor Cassano after all. That man had never said anything of family, and spoke even less of his family fondly. Eliza felt she had, perhaps, been lucky not to say anything to her professor about the lead she had in job choices.

A smile crossed the young woman’s features as the Lord Edwards breaks his quill out. Excitement replaced her worry, flowing through her and giving her a new energy. If all interviews went this well, then why didn’t people get jobs more often? There were hardly any questions to be answered, and her references had made a huge impact, apparently. He hadn’t cared that she was fresh out of school. He hadn’t cared that had no experience besides flinging some quick spells at school in the dueling club. He hadn’t cared that this would be her stepping stone into becoming what she wanted to truly be.
Elizabeth nodded enthusiastically as Adrian went over work hours and payment and room and board – petty things in her mind. The experience itself was invaluable to her. She didn’t care even if this man had chosen to pay her half of what he was offering, especially if it was a live-in job. That he was writing out her contract now, in front of her… it was like a dream come true.

“Of… Of course, sir. Anything. Anytime. They won’t know what happened, I’ll be there fast. I can get by on broken sleep. I don’t mind any hours, or days. I-I promise there won’t be any reason to complain about me,” she spoke, her words spilling out as her excitement grew. She couldn’t help it. The woman paused on his order to find others and not deal with things by herself. She said nothing at all about it, but she could feel that rule already breaking in her mind – if she had to find someone to help her deal with an intruder, that would mean stopping and hunting someone down who could possibly help. She wasn’t going to be waking up the head of the house to deal with some puny intruder. How powerful could his so called ‘enemies’ possibly be? He was just a rich man, nothing more. All he did was work for the Ministry.
Besides, wasn’t it going to be her job to be in the crosshairs so that he wouldn’t be?

As Elizabeth contemplated the whole idea of everything, she didn’t register the man standing up. She nodded at his request, figuring that she would just have to show off some fancy wand-work and be done with it. When she heard the Lord Edwards drop his coat onto his chair, however, it caught her attention. Looking up at the man she hoped to call her employer, her dark eyes clinked, unable to process what he was doing. She was suddenly afraid that she looked like a deer in headlights before an idea formed in her mind. The thought of him wanting her for… unsavory reasons crossed her mind, reminding her of when she had been in Theodore’s office, and panic welled up, a frown forming on her face. For the first time since she was a child, Elizabeth felt small. Scared. The fear that she hadn’t felt in Cassano’s office came in full swing, with none of the anger she had used to keep him at bay.

Then her dark eyes spotted the thin, long wand that Adrian had pulled out and her chest tightened. A mingling of hope and fear battled in her chest. Maybe he wasn’t going to overpower her. Maybe his idea of ‘skill assessment’ meant something totally different.
Either way, Elizabeth was already up and on her feet, her own wand slipping from beneath the belt on her waist. Swallowing nervously, she backed away from the man, glancing around the room. Damnit, why hadn’t she looked more thoroughly before?

“So, this is how you determine that I’m up to par? You’re going to duel me in your office? Isn’t that a little bit dangerous? I don’t want to break anything, you know.” She tried hard to keep her fear from her voice, but it still wavered, even in her joke. Her eyes locked with his, and without warning, she pointed her wand at his chest and said, “Immobulus!”
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned exclusively by lauz.